Well Farm Heights

The Unofficial Residents Well Farm Heights Forum

Sky+ Installation

Matt

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Sky+ Installation

Post  Matt on Wed 13 Aug 2008, 1:13 pm

I had Sky+ installed today and the man that came to fit said that due to me not having a double point (I think thats what its called) I would not be able to record and change the channel, meaning every time i go out i have to leave it on the same channel that i want to record from or if i wish to watch 2 programmes that are on at the same time i can't watch one and record the other.
    He said that this was a common problem here at well farm as when they installed 'that line thing' they only installed one of the points and not the other.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so have you got round it somehow??

Thanks
    Matt
    Jem&Dal
    I need to get out..

Female
    Number of posts : 112
    Job/hobbies : stay at home mum!!! and very tired one!!!!!
    Registration date : 2008-06-04

Re: Sky+ Installation

Post  Jem&Dal on Wed 13 Aug 2008, 1:40 pm

Hi Matt,

No i'm afraid we have the same issue!! I normally just turn my TV off from the TV and not the mains but it is annoying that I can't record a programme and watch another channel at the same time, we have to leave it on the same channel like you say!! I can't even get any channels in my bedroom at the moment but if we had SKY instailed in there I could!! Another 10 a month!!

Hope it helps

Jem x

Question

Pat
    Forum Wasp

Female
    Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-01-09

Sky

Post  Pat on Wed 13 Aug 2008, 1:43 pm

Hi Matt
    I have Sky+ installed but to make sure it was able to work had to have a hole drilled through from the bedroom so that the second feed could be connected. There is a bloke called Dean who has done alot of work for residents. He charged me 70 I think. It all works fine and I can record one channel and watch another.

Pat

Matt

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2008-04-29

Sky+

Post  Matt on Wed 13 Aug 2008, 2:16 pm

Thanks for replies.

Pat any chance of sending this bloke my way or letting me know where i can speak to him about getting that done in my place.

Thanks

Pat
    Forum Wasp

Female
    Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2008-01-09

Dean

Post  Pat on Wed 13 Aug 2008, 2:24 pm

His phone number is 07956 875075. He lives in north london so usually comes down here when he has a couple of jobs to do.

Cheers Pat

Clairebear
    I need to get out..

Female
    Number of posts : 189
    Job/hobbies : HR - Ann Summers
    Registration date : 2008-01-16

Post  Clairebear on Wed 13 Aug 2008, 2:27 pm

To be honest you could do it yourself or get it doe a lot cheaper. Mine was already done but it is a hole in the wall and a long cable that runs from the bedroom socket to be able to plug into your sky box in the living room. You can get these fairly cheaply.

Feel free to pop over and have a look if you want.

Claire

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 1:19 am