Well Farm Heights

The Unofficial Residents Well Farm Heights Forum

Pedestrian Crossing

Cllr Jeffrey Gray

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-03-12

Pedestrian Crossing

Post  Cllr Jeffrey Gray on Wed 12 Mar 2008, 7:20 am

Are you all aware that when the development of Well Farm Heights was permitted nearly five years ago, it was permitted on the express condition that a pedestrian crossing over the A22 be provided?

It is a disgrace that there is still no crossing. The County Council blamed the developers for holding up the legal negotiations. Maybe there was a bit of foot dragging, but, in this case, Dominion did hand over the money straightaway and frankly I blame the County for the delay.

Last Friday there was a meeting of the County's Local Committee. The Well Farm Heights crossing was on the agenda. I went along to check what was going on. Basically, the council has finally got round to signing this off and the work should start within the next year. I'm pleased that this is finally to go ahead, but I wasn't impressed with everyone patting themsleves on the back! I think they should be explaining why it has taken so long, especially as the reason cited for the condition was safety.

Anyway, I've written a press release. If you want to see it, PM me or e mail me. It may be that residents want to add their concern. The press is generally more inclined to print stuff if residents join in.

Cllr Jeffrey Gray

BTW: I hope no-one minds my posting here. I'm not a WFH resident (though I live neraby in Godstone Road), but I represent you and the rest of Whyteleafe on Tandridge District Council.
    Joe
    Forum God

Male
    Number of posts : 773
    Job/hobbies : MET
    Registration date : 2007-12-12

Re: Pedestrian Crossing

Post  Joe on Wed 12 Mar 2008, 11:01 am

Thanks again for the update. That's good news for pedestrians and cars, as it will help when people cross the road, for us trying to pull out onto the Godstone road when the traffic stops. I previously have been stuck there for ages!

Not a problem with you joining the forum either, it will be nice to finally get some updates from a direct local source!

Welcome Very Happy

Barry K
    Forum Wasp

Male
    Number of posts : 83
    Job/hobbies : Bus Driver/Photographer
    Registration date : 2008-06-27

Post  Barry K on Mon 30 Jun 2008, 10:23 am

I was told that the gap in the island was supposed to be moved back so we can turn right out of the complex, but the contractors hired ran off with the money and no work was done, does anyone know the ins and outs of this?

caroline
    I need to get out..

Female
    Number of posts : 179
    Job/hobbies : Special Education
    Registration date : 2008-01-28

Post  caroline on Tue 01 Jul 2008, 12:12 am

No, but would make sense and be pretty useful!!!! lol!

Barry K
    Forum Wasp

Male

Post  Barry K on Tue 01 Jul 2008, 7:08 am

caroline wrote:No, but would make sense and be pretty useful!!!! lol!

Knowing the stereotype of local government, if it's useful, and makes sense, it won't happen! Does Cllr Gray know anything?
    Alex
    Neighbourhood Watch

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Job/hobbies : Undertaker and mainly parking on my drive without a bollard in place
    Registration date : 2008-01-10

Post  Alex on Tue 01 Jul 2008, 7:29 am

Barry K wrote:I was told that the gap in the island was supposed to be moved back so we can turn right out of the complex, but the contractors hired ran off with the money and no work was done, does anyone know the ins and outs of this?

We also have to be able to turn right out of the complex as it costs too much petrol to go down to the roundabout to turn round, now if petrol was dropped in price I would happily pootle on down to the roundabout and make my merry way back along the road. lol! lol! lol!

Barry K
    Forum Wasp

Male

Post  Barry K on Tue 01 Jul 2008, 7:53 am

alex wrote:
    Barry K wrote:I was told that the gap in the island was supposed to be moved back so we can turn right out of the complex, but the contractors hired ran off with the money and no work was done, does anyone know the ins and outs of this?

We also have to be able to turn right out of the complex as it costs too much petrol to go down to the roundabout to turn round, now if petrol was dropped in price I would happily pootle on down to the roundabout and make my merry way back along the road. lol! lol! lol!

And it's not like I can take the bus to work, I drive it! Lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 1:15 am